On all things juicy

This blog is about life as creative process, and how knitting, living, and creating modifies awareness.

Knitting, food and cooking, herbs and gardening, poetry and writing, music, tea, health and awareness, good wine, tarot, astrology and all things witchy: anything goes!

In English or in French (a WIP) - welcome to everyone on my knitting and creativity blog.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Good Intentions

I have a permanent subscription to “Good Intentions” department. All those “I should”, and “I have” and “I must”, and all the like that keep haunting me back, especially at this time of the year.

You know what I’m talking about: the ever growing “to do” list, the resolutions that keep pushed further down the agenda, the cleaning I never have the stamina for, relatives that I intend to visit or call, studies I mean to undertake, etc. I do fall short more than I wish to admit.

Knitting shoved this trait of mine right in my face. Wham! Lingering works in progress, yarn bought in a flimsy for a particular project that will never see the light of day, ever-growing queue of projects I can’t help falling for…

***

I don’t like to get behind, but knitting has a way that is actually it’s way or the highway.

So these days I’ve been a good girl and I’ve been busy as a bee getting things done. And I feel so great about myself for it. I’m going to end the year feeling very smug about myself.

***

I’ve actually started those Instant Mittens in Fall 2008. So I went mitten-less since then. What a pity for a knitter! Today I stated: enough! Me want warm mittens to de-ice the car. And so I will!



I was more prolific with the Triinu scarf, knitting it in a little more than 4 months. But it lingered 3 long months before being blocked. It was worth the while, because it did blocked beautifully.Someone is going to be pretty this Christmas!



Those Amaryllis Mittens are the most coveted pair I’ve ever done. I sighed over the colors, the pattern, the yarn. I swatched and swatched and swatched, because I really wanted to be up to the challenge. It took me forever to dare get them casted-on, then it took me forever to get the 2nd mitten done, and then it took me forever to get them darned and blocked



But I am so proud I took my time: aren’t they lovely?



I’m human. I won’t be able to tackle all that I’ve set my mind on this year. I would need a couple more lifetimes for this. So today, I’ve stopped fretting, and just got up and got going with it. Wow! Darning and blocking and updating the blog on the same day!?! I must be on fire!
The new year can come!! I’m ready! I’ve got myself funky mittens!

1 comment:

Maryse said...

Attaque à la liste de WIPs! Tes mitaines Amaryllis sont vraiment superbes. Un chef-d'oeuvre!